Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blue and Gold



On Jan. 24th Zach turned 8 years old. Not only did this mean he was baptized but it also meant he became a scout. He got his shirt and book for his b-day and he was off. In one day he passed off all of the requirements for his bobcat. Needless to say, he was very excited to be a part of the scouting program. Then last week we (Zach and I) got to experience our first blue and gold banquet. The theme was America ABC's. He was assigned a letter in the alphabet (X) and had to make a poster and a cake about a city or state that began with that letter. Thankfully we thought of Xenia (a town close to Beavercreek, OH where we used to live). The cake was the Ohio state flag. It turned out pretty good for our first themed cake.
Zach had a great time making his poster. I also enjoyed talking to him about our adventures in Ohio while we put the poster together.
I was a proud mama as he received his bobcat and he got to "pin me" (don't worry...there was no blood:)
I hope he continues to carry the enthusiasm throughout his time in the scouting program! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ZACH!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Very clever - I can't believe they assigned "X" to the new kid. I want to see pics of your cake and getting pinned. Wow, crazy to think you are a boy scout mama!!!

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh...Isaac turns 8 this month and i totally forgot that I have to start scouts...ha ha ha. So fun to have a friend at the very same stage i am in :)

Rob and Amy said...

Congrats on your new scout! Your new house is beautiful!! I'm so happy for you guys. We'll have to get together sometime and you can give me the grand tour!