Tuesday, June 21, 2011

St. George...oh how we love thee :)

St George, UT has always been a place of fond memories for me. We started going on vacations there to visit my grandparents when I was just a girl. Now we are able to take our kids there. They love exploring the red rocks, swimming and golfing. This year we decided to explore some new things. On the trip down we stopped in Fillmore and went through the territorial state house (the original capitol bldg). And, on the drive home we stopped at Cove Fort. The spirit was so strong in both of those places...I couldn't help thinking about the amazing legacy we have and the history of our wonderful state we live in.

We also took a day and went into Snow Canyon. Wow, it is such a beautiful place. The boys marveled at the wild life we saw. I admired the amazing mountains and thought about the volcanoes that left their mark on the area. And Ty loved seeing how many ants he could squish along the hike. :)

Of course we enjoyed some shopping, golfing, a movie, and even went to Tuacon to see "Little Mermaid". It's mind blowing what they do with those productions. We were able to go swimming every day (except sunday). We came up with a new water game each day we swam. We had such a fun time.
I loved on the drive home talking about what our favorite part of the week was. Matt said golfing (so did daddy), Tyler said swimming, I said snow canyon and Tuacon. When asked what Zach's favorite part was he said, "just being with my family". I think he summed it up well!

3 comments:

Ben & Mona said...

So fun! I love hearing about your summer adventures!

Brian&Em said...

That is just too cute what Zach said. Call me anytime and I'd be happy to take some pics for your fam.

Plus 3 Monkeys said...

St. George is a lot of fun! Jealous you get to visit on a regular basis. We are hoping to go back in 18 months? We'll see! Thanks for the family updates!