Thursday, August 28, 2008

Toothpaste

I was reading the blog of a friend last night which was very enlightening to me. I believe it was titled "Crooked towels and sticky handprints". In her blog she talked about how she has a hard time getting housework done with 4 kids under foot. She was lucky to get one or two things done in a day (i can relate) and her hand towels are always crooked. She thought about teaching her kids to straighten the towels but thought it was lucky they were even washing their hands...and what would be the point...and then, it hit her...there will be a time (somewhere in the future) that she will look at her perfectly straight towels and miss the time that her children were there messing things up.
So as i got ready for bed last night i was brushing my teeth. I looked down and saw gobs and smears of toothpaste all over the sink and counter. At first i was annoyed at the fact that i had to clean up the toothpaste (AGAIN). But my thoughts quickly turned to the crooked towels. I thought about how fast time seems to be passing. My boys are growing and changing and someday I may miss looking down at the sink and seeing toothpaste and especially miss the time when my kids were young. So I am vowing to try and just enjoy these moments... Toothpaste and all!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Love, love, love this post. It is so true! One of my favorite books is "Let me Hold YOu Longer". In June I did a similar post all about this book. It was so good to play with you at the park:)

Pirijo and Donny said...

I had a similar experience just the other day.

J Bailey said...

OKAY YOU HAVE BBEN TAGGED
(go to my blog and read what you have to do)
Annalynn

Jess said...

Amanda...I found you. Your family is so cute.
_jess