Monday, September 14, 2009

So Thankful

I gave a lesson several years ago on dealing with our trials. While researching for the lesson I found a quote by Pres. Hinckley that said he always thanked Heavenly Father for his trials. When I first read that I thought "really...isn't that kind of like asking for patience " :) But it wasn't necessarily the trial we are thankful for it is what we can get out of it or learn from it.
Yesterday I was having a hard day. By about 8:oo last night I was ready to give up...I felt like I couldn't take much more. So I asked John if he would give me a blessing. It was a beautiful blessing that brought me so much peace.
I am so thankful for the preisthood. I'm thankful to have a worthy husband who honors his preisthood and is always willing to use it to bless his family. I am thankful for the support of good friends and family. I truly do have much to be thankful for...even through the trials.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Please call me... I just tried calling you and the number I have listed is not in order. I hope all is well. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jess said...

Amanda...are you and the baby okay? Please let me know how you are and if you need anything. It is a wonderful feeling to have the priesthood in your home and great that you ask for help when you need it. I really do hope all is well.
Jess

alisa said...

Oh, friend, I hope all is well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! What a blessing the priesthood really is! Thanks for the reminder!